A Responsible Business
Brett Martin Daylight Systems is a respected company, having contributed significantly to the economy and society for over 50 years. We are a family business with strong values and we want to ensure that we continue to play a very positive role as a responsible organisation.
These are our aims and goals with regard to corporate social responsibility, ensuring that all of our employees, customers, business partners and associates are informed and able to contribute through their actions and decisions to our CSR aims and goals.
- Climate change is one of the greatest threats facing the world today and all businesses must play their part in minimising carbon emissions
- Energy efficiency contributes to profitability
- Customers want to work with socially conscious suppliers, and employees want to know that they are working for a socially responsible employer
- We do not operate in isolation; we are part of the local community
- Local communities provide our workforce
- Good working practices and employee relations help with staff retention and support productivity
- Sustainable, respectful relationships with suppliers are good for business
Ensure that Brett Martin Daylight Systems is a socially responsible company that contributes positively to the communities in which it operates, minimises the impact of its business activities on the environment, provides a safe and fair working environment, provides opportunity for employees, treats all stakeholders and partners with respect, and advocates good practices and behaviour.
How do we do it?
- Strive to reduce consumption of energy and materials, recycle as much as possible and, where possible, source energy from renewable sources
- Advocate sound environmental practices to our employees, suppliers, partners and customers
- Meet and exceed all environmental obligations with regard to legislation and regulations
- Support worthy community and charitable initiatives
- Encourage and support staff to contribute to local community and charitable initiatives
- Work to ensure that our business activities and practices do not unnecessarily impact negatively on the local community
- Meet and exceed all equal opportunities legislation
- Meet and exceed all health and safety legislation to provide a safe working environment for our employees
- Provide appropriate training and development opportunities for all employees
- Communicate openly and honestly with employees
- Remunerate our employees fairly and continue to provide a profit share scheme
- Provide excellent working conditions
- Treat employees fairly and respectfully at all times
Suppliers, Contractors, Customers, Industry
- Treat fairly and respectfully
- Only work with suppliers, contractors and customers who are socially responsible
- Provide a very high level of customer service
- Achieve a very high level of customer satisfaction
- Play a leading role in driving positive change within the business sectors in which we operate