Specifying Rooflights to Meet the Demands of the Next Generation
Natural light has a crucial role to play in enabling buildings reach the stringent energy efficiency targets required for today’s built environment. As market leaders in the manufacture and supply of Europe’s most comprehensive range of rooflight products, Brett Martin Daylight Systems is perfectly placed to provide you and your colleagues the opportunity to refresh or learn new subject matter.
This seminar looks at the rationale behind designing with rooflights to achieve sustainable, low carbon buildings with an objective overview on Part L of the Building Regulations (England and Wales). The seminar also covers industry guidelines and requirements to meet stringent fire classification and safety standards and concludes with guidance and practical advice on specifying rooflights using case study examples.
Key Learning Aims
- Gain a full appreciation of the benefits of daylight
- Understand why rooflights are a fundamental design consideration for low carbon buildings
- Understand the regulatory issues and industry guidance relevant when specifying rooflights
- Raise awareness of the rooflight design principles to meet project specifications
- Increase awareness of the rooflight choices and options available to satisfy project requirements
RIBA CPD - Core Curriculum
Classified under the following RIBA Core Curriculum categories:
- Climate: sustainable architecture
- Compliance: legal, regulatory and statutory frameworks and processes
- Designing and building it: design, construction, technology and engineering
Seminars can be tailored to meet your requirements.
Duration: 1 hour
Also available: Product brochures | Product samples
To register your interest in attending or organising a Brett Martin Daylight Systems CPD seminar click here
Brett Martin Daylight Systems also offer:
- RIBA approved CPD seminar titled: Polycarbonate - The Natural Choice for Design Flexibility and Freedom
- RIAI approved CPD seminar for RIAI Architects (The Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland) titled The Natural Choice for Natural Light. For more detail on this seminar click here.
Brett Martin Plumbing & Drainage offer a RIBA CPD seminar titled 'Cast Iron Style - Traditional Styled Rainwater and Soil Systems' click here.