Reporting to the Production Manager / Engineering Manager, the Engineering Placement Student will facilitate the optimisation and standardisation of processing parameters and techniques used in the manufacture of all products, utilising current and new processing /monitoring technologies.
- Process optimisation
- Quality assurance
- Extrusion / Injection moulding
- Health & Safety
- Planned Maintenance
- Predictive maintenance
- Performance measurement
- Structured meeting preparation
- Short term projects
Main tasks and duties:
- Co-ordinate /record / participate in structured team activities to reduce energy costs.
- Monitor the recycling programme. Audit procedures to ensure compliancy within a 24/7 production environment.
- Apply audit techniques to ensure H&S department repeatability is achieve, for the goal of zero accidents.
- Record / organise / control / communicate planned and predictive maintenance activities to reduce / eliminate equipment failure.
- Measure and display the performance of the relevant department, in graphical form using TPM visuals.
- Plan / implement and show result of your departmental short term project.
- Review / assist training modules.
Present to a panel, your performance / achievements at agreed timescales.
- Provide regular feedback to management on all aspects of the placement.
- Ensure communications are maintained at the highest possible level between student, management and workforce.
Health & Safety:
- Through good housekeeping procedures ensure that a safe and clean working environment is kept at all times.
- Ensure that all reports, studies etc. required are accurate, submitted on time and to the required standard.
- Ensure compliance with the company's Equal Opportunity Policy.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
We offer competitive salary and benefits within a well-established and progressive company. Brett Martin are an equal opportunities employer.