Join Brett Martin as Head of Quality and HSE
Brett Martin, Head Office located in Mallusk proudly stands as a global leader in diverse product sectors, consistently expanding our range and fortifying our position with a bold and fresh identity. Our growth over the past six decades reflects the drive and passion that propel us forward. With unwavering confidence, we are investing further to elevate the services we offer to our valued customers.
About the Job:
This is a key role that reports directly to the Board ensuring our world class commitment to Quality and Health & Safety.
As the Head of Quality and HSE your mission is to support and lead the Brett Martin HSEQ management system and processes to maintain a culture of best practice. Ensure unparalleled performance and compliance for our employees and extensive customer base. Take the lead in driving process controls and continuous improvement opportunities across all company operations.
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Free car parking
- Early Friday finish
- Excellent working environment
- Company car
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Holidays – 30 days inclusive of stats increasing to 36 days with length of service
- Private Healthcare Cover
- Working with experienced teams
- A minimum of a third level qualification in an Engineering based subject;
- A minimum of 5 years’ management experience with Quality and HSE management systems;
- Management experience in lean manufacturing and or continuous improvements in manufacturing is required;
- Comfortable and practiced in leading teams collaboratively;
- Ability to develop competencies in business management, finance, and commercial processes valued by organisations;
- Demonstrate a competency in MS Office, Power Bi / MRP e.g. D365 / SAP;
- Must be able to demonstrate competency in BSi / third party certification processes;
- Preferably a member of Chartered Quality Institute or equivalent;
- NEBOSH would be preferrable.
Main Tasks and Duties:
- Identify, establish, apply, monitor, control, and update systems for the definition and control of all Company products;
- Maintain systems to meet BS EN ISO 9001 requirements through formal and informal audits;
- Develop and refine quality systems in a computer-compatible format;
- Liaise with customers, industry standards bodies, and quality institutes;
- Manage customer complaints and internal pick-ups from receipt through investigation to settlement and corrective action;
- Conduct breakdown, testing, and analysis of competitors' products for comparison purposes.
Health & Safety:
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment through good housekeeping procedures;
- Operate and review the company's Health & Safety Policy to ensure compliance with statutory regulations.
- Foster high-level communications between management and the workforce;
- Keep the Board advised of important quality developments through defined reporting systems;
- Ensure staff are fully briefed on work requirements and performance expectations.
- Work closely with key business Stakeholders such as, but not limited to Sales, Commercial, Production, and Product Development teams for effective outcomes.
- Ensure an adequately trained workforce is available to meet department requirements;
- Induct, train, and validate employees in all aspects of their positions;
- Manage and motivate staff for efficient and effective performance;
- Address day-to-day industrial relations problems in compliance with legislation and company procedures;
- Ensure compliance with company recruitment, promotion, Equal Opportunities, and attendance management policies.
Apply Today: For further details / confidential discussion please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your C.V. Below. Join us in championing excellence in Quality and HSE. Be a key player in our journey of continuous improvement.
The closing date for applications is Monday 29th January 2024.