Reporting to the Group Head of Information Systems, the IS Systems Support Engineer will help to administer, maintain and develop Information Systems infrastructure and applications and their use within all Brett Martin Group companies.
You will be part of a team of engineers that deliver mission critical infrastructure and ensure the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
Main tasks and duties:
Windows Server family, Microsoft 365 / Azure / EOL / Teams, VMWare vSphere v6.7+, Cisco CUCM, Cisco Hyperflex, Cisco LAN, WiFi & Webex for 7 Group sites.
- Ensure maximum up-time and availability of all infrastructure and applications;
- Monitor, manage and update systems e.g. servers, storage arrays, ESX hosts, virtual machines, telephony etc, and manage any capacity or performance issues that may arise;
- Manage Cisco switches and routers and Cisco WLAN controllers and AP’s.
- Manage Cisco Webex video-conferencing equipment and assist users as required;
- Monitor and administer Commvault Backup and DR Infrastructure (on site and cloud);
- Maintain production monitoring systems, barcode scanners and Zebra label printers;
- System administrator with responsibility for security infrastructure (firewall, VPN, appliances, web filters, etc), users, passwords, permissions and overall system integrity;
- Accurate record keeping and auditing of software;
- Maintain readily accessible and accurate copy of system documentation including notes on system issues.
- Monitor and update firewall, VPN, web filtering, anti-spam and anti-malware systems;
- Ensure highest possible level of security is maintained at all times with regard to system access for both internal and external users;
- Ensure highest possible level of physical security is maintained for datacentres.
Support of Hardware & Software
- Problem solving;
- Fault finding and fixing;
- Telephone support to other Group sites and remote workers - both hardware and software;
- Maintain record of faults / fixes by user on agreed software platform and update knowledge base appropriately;
- Co-ordinating 3rd party support.
Setting up new PC's, Laptops, Tablets and Phones
- Documenting and maintaining accurate records on hardware resources and set-ups;
- Deploying Windows 10 system images using MDT;
- Accurately maintain Lansweeper database of software and hardware inventory.
Optimise and Improve Software Systems
- Sourcing and testing new software;
- Configuring current software;
- Recommending different development methods and strategies with corresponding hardware / software;
- Keep abreast of new IT developments, methods of work, equipment and software.
- Identify IT training needs and develop training programmes internally or source externally as and when required;
- Carry out ad hoc training on systems.
- Ensure communications are maintained at the highest possible level between management and the workforce and keep your manager advised of impending situations which could develop into more serious problems;
- Develop mutual respect with employees, by ensuring that all dealings are objective and impartial.
Health & Safety
- Through good housekeeping procedures ensure that a safe and clean working environment is kept at all times.
- Source and order hardware and software as required;
- Ensure that all reports, studies etc. required are accurate, submitted on time and to the required standard.
- Ensure compliance with the company's Equal Opportunity Policy;
- Provide holiday / weekend / out of hours cover as agreed in advance;
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
We offer competitive salary and benefits within a well-established and progressive company.
Brett Martin are an equal opportunities employer and applications are welcomed from all sections of the community.
If you wish to apply for the position please apply by clicking the link below or contact our HR Department firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.