Reporting to the Head of Plumbing & Drainage Operations, the Master Production Planner will be responsible for the overall planning of production within the Building Products Division.
They will be responsible for ensuring that goods are produced on time for distribution in a profitable manner, as well as ensuring the smooth and cost-efficient flow of production operations.
Main tasks and duties:
- Integrate forecast from Sales & Business Development into the master production schedule;
- Create a supply plan monitoring the factory capacity, inventory and customer requirements;
- Produce the master production schedule to control production and external supply chain;
- Co-ordinate production workflow for multiple products;
- Prepare and process purchase orders (PO’s) for raw materials;
- Plan and manage material replenishment to ensure 100% on-time in full (OTIF) delivery of customer orders;
- Plan and prioritise operations to optimise performance to ensure high customer service levels;
- Manage plant loading / capacity in relation to resource availability – machines and personnel;
- Assist the Production Manager and colleagues to achieve high motivation and productivity through consistent and positive leadership;
- Liaise directly with Team Leaders to assign operators to particular production operations;
- Schedule shift according to production needs;
- Monitor jobs to ensure they will finish on time and within forecast;
- Present detailed production plans;
- Address issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption;
- Obtain output information (number of finished products, percentage of defectives;
- Prepare and submit status and performance reports;
- Keep paperwork organised;
- Collaborate with quality control, warehouse and other staff
- Ensure communications are maintained at the highest possible level between management and the workforce and keep your manager advised of impending situations which could develop into more serious problems;
- Ensure staff are kept fully briefed regarding the work and performance required from them and give direction and support to ensure that tasks are completed on time;
- Develop mutual respect with employees, by ensuring that all dealings are objective and impartial.
Health & Safety
- Through good housekeeping procedures ensure that a safe and clean working environment is kept at all times;
- Ensure that the Health & Safety Policy of the company is operated and constantly reviewed to ensure compliance with statutory regulations as they change from time to time.
- Ensure records are kept up-to-date and accurate for all performance criteria e.g.:-
- Production performance by department / m/c / product group
- Ensure that all reports, studies etc. required are accurate, submitted on time and to the required standard.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
The person will:
- Have a proven track record working as a production planner;
- Have good knowledge of manufacturing planning, master production scheduling, inventory control, materials requirements planning and quality control principles;
- Have at least 1 years’ experience of leading a team, including shift and performance management;
- Have solid experience in MRP (manufacturing resource planning);
- Have strong MS Office skills particularly within excel;
- Be highly efficient in ERP systems (ideally MS D365 and Epicor Mattec or similar);
- Have strong analytical skills and experience of working with statistics;
- Have strong organisational and problem-solving skills;
- Have excellent communication skills;
- Experience of working to targets and deadlines;
- Be able to manage time effectively and maintain a high level of organisation, even when under significant pressure;
- Have a degree in a related subject (ideally supply chain / project management / business management).
How to apply:
For further details on this position contact our HR Department (028) 9084 9999 or email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org