Reporting to the Production Manager, the Process Engineer will assist in the daily co-ordination of site reliability improvement initiatives and support improvement within the department.APPLY NOW
- Plan, coordinate and implement the most cost effective and efficient manufacturing methods for production of major sub-assembly components and machines.
- Coordinate with, production and quality control to help identify any issues affecting production and establish what fixes are required.
- Development of lean manufacturing principles in key areas where deemed appropriate.
- Work alongside the production team to identify skills required from production operators and develop these to achieve team goals.
- Assist with the machine and process training of operators and supervisors as required
- Ensure all associated paperwork and reports are maintained and kept up to date.
- To assist in risk analysis across key assets
- Assist in the execution of engineering projects and tasks
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of equipment breakdown / reliability events.
- Ensure that the Health & Safety Policy of the company is operated and constantly reviewed to ensure compliance with statutory regulations as they change from time to time.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
The Person will:
- Educated to degree level in an Engineering discipline or plastic-related subject
- 3-5 years’ experience in similar role
- Experience in a manufacturing background
- Previous experience of improvement projects in Lean manufacturing tools
- Results focused with ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Have good organisational skills and the ability to plan and prioritise projects
- Have sound analytical skills combined with a practical approach to problem solving
- Have good written and verbal communication
- Be I.T. literate and be proficient in Microsoft Excel
Practical / aptitude tests will be used as part of the selection process.
To apply or find out more about this role email - email@example.com