Reporting to the Technical Service Manager, the Technical Compliance Officer will support the functions of the Technical Department across our wide range of Brett Martin products.
Main tasks and duties:
- Maintaining familiarity with all aspects of the Brett Martin ranges of products, including relevant legislation, product applications, and good practices in use.
- Lead the process of 3rd party certification of products and contribute to the design and development process
- Contribute to the auditing, recording and reporting of environmental practices.
- Generating general and specific information in support of products and their uses.
- Providing support for Brett Martin sales, commercial, and marketing functions.
- Evaluation of competitor information, materials, systems and product uses.
- Maintaining documentation efficiently and to a high standard of accuracy.
- Contribute to improvements in service, processes, productivity and quality of manufacture of Brett Martin product ranges.
- Ensure communications are maintained at the highest possible level with colleagues and close communication with Technical Service Manager on all aspects of work, but particularly in respect of any critical item.
- Develop mutual respect with all employees and colleagues, by ensuring that all dealings are objective and impartial.
- Ensure all company staff policies are adhered to and that attendance policy is adhered to.
Health & Safety
- Through good working practices and housekeeping procedures ensure that a safe and clean working environment is maintained at all times.
- Ensure that all reference materials, equipment and resources are maintained in appropriate condition.
- Ensure records, reports, and all other communications are accurate, and made available in appropriate form, on time to the required standard.
- Assist with other functions of the Technical Service Department as necessary.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Ensure compliance with the company's Equal Opportunity Policy.
The successful candidate must:
- Have a 3rd level qualification preferably in a technical subject;
- Have a good working knowledge of windows based software e.g. Microsoft Office;
- Be able to demonstrate an acceptable level of knowledge and experience in a technical area, preferably, mechanical, construction or other engineering field;
- Be able to initiate tasks and manage multiple tasks;
- Be adaptable and able to cope with rapidly changing demands.
It would also be desirable if you:
- Have a high level of proficiency with Sharepoint or similar software;
- Knowledge/experience of plastics materials;
- Experience of working with European Norms/British Standards;
- Experience of EPD or ISCC
- Have a logical approach to problem solving;
- Have innovative skills;
- Attentive to detail;
- Have good office administration skills.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to develop technical skills and plastics expertise with a progressive international organisation.
Brett Martin has always been committed to the principles of Fair Employment and Equal Opportunity. Applications are welcome from all sections of the community.
For more information on how to apply for the position, contact our HR Department firstname.lastname@example.org.