To provide and manage a confidential human resource function for the Company in relation to all aspects of practice and procedure. To work closely with business leaders and line managers to build their capability, plan and manage talent and develop approaches that achieve shared organisational objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet Key stakeholders to discuss people challenges;
- Provide guidance on people practices such as restructures and succession planning;
- Bring people expertise and developing solutions to help the business area to deliver its strategy;
- Influence and build relationships with people around the business;
- Act as a local point of people expertise for specialist teams that are implementing new people approaches;
- Question and challenge others to get to the root of people related issues;
- Coach and provide feedback to key stakeholders to help improve business efficiency;
- Prepare HR (KPI) information for monthly HR audit meetings with relevant business unit;
- Absence management, and provide guidance in relation to OHA referrals, welfare meetings and return to work interviews;
- Update attendance statistics by shift/department and split by agency workers v core employees;
- Present in graphical format utilising current systems;
- Report daily/weekly/monthly on absence trends/patterns/% and reasons by department YTD month by month;
- Collate and produce HR absence reports, analyse data, identify key trends;
- Benchmark absenteeism rates against industry standards and make recommendations in relation to improve absence levels.
Responsible for the end to end recruitment process:
- Prepare all documentation in relation to job descriptions/person specs/shortlisting;
- HR Representative on the interview panel;
- Prepare contracts/offer letters and any other relevant documentation;
- Conduct inductions for new starts.
- Measure employee turnover and retention;
- Prepare reports on key trends, making recommendations to improve staff turnover;
- Ensure completion timeframe for core production training modules is consistent site wide;
- Review the employee performance review process to allow for reflection and coaching opportunities;
- Manage, co-ordinate the graduate management and apprenticeship schemes;
- Manage, co-ordinate/organise training in non-production departments;
- Manage the HR Department in relation to any training matters as and when necessary.
- Take minutes at meetings (investigation/disciplinary/grievance);
- Collate temporary production hours on timesheets and send necessary documentation to agencies;
- Maintain confidential employee files & computerised HR database;
- Update Kronos (T&A System) records on a daily basis;
- Assist with the preparation of shift cards;
- Completion of ad hoc projects as and when required.
- Ensure communications are maintained to the highest possible level between management and the workforce and keep your manager advised of impending situations which could develop into more serious problems;
- Develop mutual respect with employees, by ensuring that all dealings are objective and impartial.
- Experience of working in an HR Manager/advisory role.
- CIPD Level 5 qualification or working towards.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to create and implement and improve systems using Excel.
- Experience of prioritising work to meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure.
- Experience of working with confidential information.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of the team.
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to develop and maintain clear record keeping systems, including basic databases.
- Keeps up to date with Employment Law.
- Self-motivated, flexible with an enthusiastic approach to work and learning.
Personal Health & Safety Awareness:
All employees are required to:
- Take reasonable care of yourself and others who may be effected by your acts or omissions with regard to Health & Safety.
- Cooperate with Brett Martin Ltd, in all Health & Safety matters, policies and procedures etc. to enable Brett Martin Ltd to comply with its own Health & Safety duties.
- Inform Brett Martin Ltd of any work situation which may represent a serious and immediate danger to Health & Safety.
- Ensure that all safety equipment is used and maintained in the correct way and any issues reported to the Technical & Quality Manager.
- Ensure that you lead by example and comply with all Company regulations, as contained in the Employee Handbook, Work Instructions and other control documentation;
- Maintain acceptable standards of behaviour, attendance, time-keeping, etc., as detailed in the Employee Handbook and other control documentation.
- Ensure compliance with the relevant legislation in all aspects of recruitment;
- Ensure compliance with the company’s Equal Opportunities Policy;
- Ensure ‘monitoring’ information is entered and maintained on the HR Database both for applicants, employees and leavers and check all information is accurate;
- Prepare documentation in relation to the annual FEC return.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive, and you may be required by your Line Manager to take on additional responsibilities/ad hoc duties as and when required.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org