Brett Martin manufacture specialist plastic products for construction, fabrication, print and display for global distribution. When you interact with our business Brett Martin will collect some personal information about you, including your name, address, contact telephone number and your email. We require this information for a number of reasons including communication with you as we provide our products and services to you, reporting and research, and, for marketing and other activities.
- What personal information we collect about you.
- How we use information collected about you.
- When we use your details to contact you.
- Under which circumstances we may disclose your personal details to any third party.
- Your choices around what personal information you provide to us.
The Data Controller
Brett Martin Holdings Ltd (Brett Martin) is the data controller. We are based at 24 Roughfort Road, Newtownabbey, Co. Antrim BT36 4RB and are contactable via telephone + 44 (0) 28 9084 9999 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under the principles the of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018, Brett Martin are legally obliged to ensure your rights as an individual are respected and clear. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Types of personal data we gather
Through your interactions with our business we will collect some personal information about you. This can consist of:
- Job Title
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Type of enquiry
- Products and services of interest
How we obtain your personal data
The personal data we hold on you is obtained via one or more of the following:
- It has been supplied directly by you through your interactions with Brett Martin as a customer, prospective customer, end user, supplier or website user.
- You attended a trade show, event or exhibition and provided consent to be contacted regarding Brett Martin products and services.
- Your company has provided us with consent to contact you about relevant Brett Martin products and services.
- You have signed up to receiving product alerts on www.brettmartin.com and have provided consent to contact you about relevant Brett Martin products and services.
- You have requested technical support through our web enquiry service.
- You have responded to a trade enquiry service and have provided consent to be contacted regarding Brett Martin products and services.
The legal basis for processing personal data
- You have a legitimate business interest in Brett Martin maintaining contact regarding relevant products and services.
- According to our records you have provided consent to be contacted about relevant Brett Martin products and services.
Purpose of processing your personal data
Brett Martin uses your personal data for a number of purposes including the following:
- To ensure we have accurate information about you and consent to communicate with you.
- To contact you about your company’s ongoing relationship with Brett Martin.
- To contact you about products and services which we think may be of interest to you.
- To contact you regarding changes in terms and conditions of sales.
- To contact you about relevant product news and updates.
- To contact you about upcoming events, exhibitions and tradeshows.
- To contact you regarding our customer service delivery and quality standards.
- To occasionally invite you to participate in industry-specific data gathering exercises e.g. polls and surveys.
Contact may be made by telephone, email, email shot and postal mailing. Brett Martin will contact you for marketing purposes where there is a legitimate business interest or where consent has been provided to do so. We will contact you by marketing emails and direct mail. We may personalise this content based on the information you have provided to us. You can opt out of this contact at any time.
Sharing of personal data
Your personal data is treated as strictly confidential, and relevant information will be shared only with:
- Employees of Brett Martin for the purpose of fulfilling business obligations to you and to keep you informed about relevant products and services.
- Distributors and business partners of Brett Martin for the purpose of fulfilling business obligations to you.
- Brett Martin’s mailing house for the purposes of fulfilling mail out services.
- Brett Martin’s email service provider, which needs to hold email addresses, preferences and unsubscribe data to function effectively and legally.
- Brett Martin may also need to disclose information to authorities or professionals for legal reasons or in the case of a dispute.
How long do we hold personal data?
Brett Martin will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the purpose of the supply of products or services and for any legal requirements. It is anticipated that we may hold your personal information for a period of 7 years, this is a legal requirement which we have to meet.
Appropriate safeguards to ensure personal data is kept secure
The protection of your data is important to Brett Martin. Data is stored in a secure environment within our accounting software, email system and within a CRM environment with strictly controlled access via a web browser with SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protection and encrypted passwords, with daily encrypted back-ups. The servers that hold data are maintained and patched regularly against threats.
Data can be exported from our database as a CSV file, typically to enable the information to be used to contact customers by post or by email.
Your rights as an individual
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you.
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, giving Brett Martin a reasonable amount of time to action that request. In cases where consent was not the sole lawful basis upon which the Brett Martin was processing your personal data, we may contact you to establish an alternative point of contact for your company or organisation, if reasonably required by Brett Martin in order to fulfil its duties.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data (i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests, direct marketing or processing for the purposes of research and statistics).
Subject Access Requests
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 you have the right to request a copy of the personal data Brett Martin holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We have a legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. We require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification:
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill (from last 3 months)
- Current vehicle registration document
- Bank statement (from last 3 months)
Contacting Brett Martin
24 Roughfort Road
Making a Complaint
You have the right to complain about how Brett Martin treat your Personal Data to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Changes to this Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of the changes where we are required by law to do so.