Glass Link is a system of versatile, elegantly designed, factory glazed rooflight modules equally at home on residential projects, or larger scale commercial property developments. All modules, including those which open, are flush delivering a clean and minimalist appearance.
Glass Link is manufactured to specific requirements and easy to fit on both new build or refurbishment projects. Factory glazed modules simply lap together to form continuous rooflights of unlimited length and daylight is maximised through large glazed areas and minimal framework.
- Fast and simple installation thanks to large modules and no additional flashings - modules simply lap together and side fix
- Guaranteed weather tightness with factory glazed modules requiring no on site glazing sealant
- Suitable for pitches of 2o-35o providing a versatile solution for a variety of applications
- Elegant aluminium framework powder coated to fashionable anthracite grey RAL 7016 outside and white RAL 9010 inside
- Minimalist appearance including flush powered opening modules with hidden actuators and cables, meaning fixed and opening modules appear identical
- Highly thermally efficient with thermally broken frame and double glazing offering centre pane U-value of 1.1 W/m²K
- Safety of those below and above the rooflight assured with laminated inner pane and product having been tested to be non-fragile to CWCT TN-67 (for class 2 roofs) and Class B non-fragile to ACR[M]001
- Highly secure fixed Glass Link rooflights achieve secured by design accreditation
- 10 year commercial product warranty
- BRE Globally Verified EPD (Environmental Product Declaration) - specific configurations
- Rooflights with all fixed modules are secured by design as standard
- Rooflights with opening modules include optional manual or mains powered operation depending on size
- Multipane modules - can be glazed with multiple panes avoiding heavier and more expensive glass specification
- Powered opening modules include wall switch, remote and rain sensor control options, as well as control panels for simultaneous operation
- Special glass options: solar control, tinted, obscure and self-cleaning
- Glass Link modules link together for a swift installation of unlimited length.
- Spans of up to 3800mm are possible with individual modules of up to 3800 x 1750mm allowing for large uninterrupted daylight area
The factory glazed modules are laid down, lapped together and side-fixed into a pre-prepared weathered upstand with no need to install any additional perimeter insulation or flashings. Large modules can be glazed with multiple panes of glass, minimising the number of modules to fit.
- Glazed with Low-E insulated double glazed glass unit of 31.5mm thickness
- 6mm toughened outer, 90% Argon filled cavity, 9.5mm laminated soft coat Low E inner with 1.5mm PVB interlayer (NB: -for very large sizes inner pane increases to 11.5mm)
- Centre pane U value* of 1.1W/m²K
- Special options available including solar control, tinted and obscured glazing
*Centre pane U-value is measure of the thermal efficiency of the glazing type
- Flush vents and concealed actuators
- Manual with pole operated worm drive
- Powered with wall-switch (concealed chain actuator)
- Optional remote controlled operation
- Optional rain sensor operation
Please note that size restrictions apply for opening options due to size, wind loadings and weight. Please contact BMDS for specific details and advice.
- Mardome Glass Link modules link together for a swift installation of unlimited length.
- Spans of up to 3800mm are possible with individual modules of up to 3800 x 1750mm allowing for large uninterrupted daylight areas.
Contact our team to get more information about this product. We will try our best to answer you shortly.
Brett Martin supplied new-build Tauheedul Islam School with a combination of Marvault vault rooflight systems and Glass Link rooflights meeting no less than 2 design solutions.View Case Study
Warwick Manufacturing Group were awarded £10 million to build the WMG Degree apprenticeship centre at the University of Warwick, which opened in 2019.View Case Study