The Benefits of Brett Martin Flat Glass Rooflights vs Mardome Polycarbonate Domes
Brett Martin manufacture both flat glass and polycarbonate dome rooflights, let’s take a look at the benefits of both to help you decide which one is best for you
Firstly here are the benefits of choosing Brett Martin Flat Glass...
- Excellent thermal insulation, meaning heat transfer from the inside of the building to the outside is minimised.
- Great sound insulation meaning less noise from outside.
- Has a premium appearance for overlooked roofs.
- Completely bespoke sizes available.
- Special glass specifications available including self-clean, and solar control to reduce the risk of overheating while maximising light transmission.
- Fixed variants are Secured by Design accredited as standard for peace of min
Now let’s take a look at the benefits of choosing Mardome polycarbonate domes...
- An economical way of bringing daylight in.
- They are light weight, this means they are easy to manually manoeuvre on to roofs.
- Available in a wide range of sizes and opening options, as well as a selection of thermal insulation and lighting effect options available on short lead times.
- The only polycarbonate dome available with Secured by Design option
Finally, let’s take a look at the benefits for both Brett Martin Flat Glass and Mardome Polycarbonate Domes...
- 48 hour delivery as standard on a wide range of sizes and options.
- A 10 year warranty available on both.
- Both have trickle and comfort opening ventilation options available, with concealed mechanisms on powered opening variants for a clean internal appearance.
- Both are non-fragile, meaning anyone accidentally walking or falling onto the rooflight will not fall through the rooflight.
- More daylight area than many competitors thanks to steeply sloped kerb
Mardome dome rooflights have been developed for flat or low pitched and gently curved roof structures and are compatible with a wide range of roofing systems.
Sustainability – it’s been the big buzzword over the last few years. No matter what industry you’re in, everyone is increasingly a...Find out more
Mass balancing is the plastic industry’s latest innovative approach to delivering the next level of renewable resins. But what is ...Find out more
When it comes to digital printing, transparent sheets are, without a doubt, one of the most attractive media choices, due to their...Find out more
When it comes to choosing a solid transparent plastic sheet material to work with, the options can be overwhelming. Each plastic t...Find out more
Mark Robinson at Brett Martin looks at how the company’s commitment to building meaningful partnerships has enabled them to contin...Find out more
Polycarbonate sheets have become a popular choice for many roofing applications due to their numerous benefits. This comprehensive...Find out more
When specified correctly, a rainwater gutter system is a vital building component that will provide a property with maximum protec...Find out more
Modern Industrial and Logistics buildings achieve some of the highest sustainability ratings. As the demand for buildings with bet...Find out more
You may not have realised it but the rooflights made by Brett Martin Daylight Systems are made right here in the UK. More specific...Find out more
In a world dominated by supply chain issues and price increases, this blog explores the advantages of working with a one-stop shop...Find out more
Brett Martin provides the most comprehensive rainwater systems range with style, choice and flexibility in mind. Both standard and...Find out more
Maintaining your rainwater system is just as crucial as specifying the right system for your home. Take a look at our Q&A to ensur...Find out more
Brett Martin manufacture both flat glass and polycarbonate dome rooflights, let’s take a look at the benefits of both to help you ...Find out more