Marlon CS Diamond
Marlon CS Diamond is a super tough, super strong and super resilient corrugated polycarbonate sheet with an attractive diamond embossed pattern. At 2.6mm and 2.8mm in thickness, the sheets are stronger and more rigid, providing superior spanning and load bearing capabilities. Naturally clear, these sheets provide exceptional glass like light transmission. Marlon CS Diamond corrugated polycarbonate sheets can also withstand extremes of temperature more readily than other materials and with co-extruded UV protection, they are also more resistant to the long-term effects of weathering.
Marlon CS Diamond is also available in Marlon BioPlus, the ideal choice for projects that aim to deliver the highest standards in sustainability, allowing companies to demonstrate they are at the forefront of the low carbon circular economy.
Marlon BioPlus is made with a bio-circular attributed resin in which 89% of the fossil based raw material has been replaced by renewable hydrocarbons e.g. from used cooking oil, which dramatically reduces the impact of the finished sheet on the environment, whilst maintaining the same material properties and ease of processing.
Use our Profile Finder Tool to search for a profile.
- Superior impact resistance
- Enhanced spanning
- Attractive diamond cut surface
- Available in Marlon BioPlus
- Rooflights and Canopies
- Vertical Glazing and Screens
- Decorative display
- Superior impact resistance
- Exceptional hail resistance
- Hardwearing and resilient
- Light in weight
- High levels of light transmission
- Excellent fire performance
- Co-extruded UV protection
- Distinctive diamond cut surface
- Limited warranty
|Thicknesses:||2.6mm and 2.8mm|
|Colours & tints*:||Clear, bronze, grey|
|UV protection:||Double sided as standard|
|Options:||Available in Marlon BioPlus|
*Minimum order quantities apply
|Solar control||Grey GY||68%|
- Marlon CS is a high quality, extruded, corrugated polycarbonate sheet with a co-extruded UV resistant coating
- As polycarbonate is a thermoplastic, it is important to take thermal expansion and contraction into account during any installation process.
- Marlon CS has been independently tested to various Fire Standards; for the most current certification please contact our Technical Department.
- Marlon CS is REACH and RoSH compliant, and 100% recyclable
- Any colour option is a through-colour so the colour of a cut edge will match the colour of the surface.
- Marlon CS sheets are covered by a limited warranty. For full details contact our Technical Department.
Storage & sheet preparation
- Store sheets on a flat surface. Use an opaque cover, tightly secured, to protect from wind, rain and sun. Storage is always preferable indoors.
- Ensure that the clearly marked UV protected surface of the Marlon CS sheet is to the outside.
- Marlon CS sheets must always be installed with the corrugation running vertically, or up-slope.
- Roofs should always be designed with a minimum slope of 5° to allow adequate rainwater run-off.
- Marlon CS sheet can be cut with a fine tooth circular saw or hand saw at a shallow angle.
Thermal movement & fixing
Important - polycarbonate sheet will expand in the heat and contract in the cold.
- When drilling fixing holes they must be oversized to allow the sheet to move.
- Fixing holes should be drilled 6mm greater in diameter than the fixing shank for sheet lengths up to 2m and an additional 3mm per additional meter length of sheet. E.g. for a 4m long sheet, holes should be over drilled by 12mm
- Fixings must not be overtightened, again this allows the natural movement of the sheet and will avoid unnecessary damage to the sheet.
- Marlon CS sheet must be isolated from plastisol and flexible PVC paints and coatings using an aluminium barrier tape.
- If installing onto fibre cement sheets ensure that all dust created when drilling holes is removed.
Ensure that all sealants and tapes are compatible with Polycarbonate.
- All accessory products should be light coloured, preferably white.
- Sheets which span up to two purlin spacings are of optimum length to cope with thermal movement.
- Maximum recommended sheet length for Marlon CS is 4m.
When installing any roofing material, including rooflights, ensure that safe working methods are adopted and appropriate safety equipment is used.
As a condition of ensuring that Marlon CS sheets perform at optimum throughout their service life and retain light transmission properties, it is recommended that the sheets be cleaned periodically using suitable household cleaning agents as follows:
- Use lukewarm water to rinse the sheet and soften dirt.
- Make up a solution of lukewarm water and ordinary household cleaner or a mild soap and use this to wash the sheet.
- A sponge or soft cloth should then be used to gently remove dirt and grime.
- The cleaning process should then be repeated and the sheet rinsed and dried with a soft cloth.
Care should be taken to observe the following precautions:
- Do not scrub Marlon CS sheet with brushes or sharp instruments as the sheet will mark easily.
- Never steam clean, use low pressures for pressure washing.
- Avoid any abrasives or cleaners of a highly alkaline composition.
- It is generally advisable in all instances to test any cleaner on a sample piece of the Marlon CS sheet first and it should also be remembered that cleaners and solvents which state that they are suitable for cleaning polycarbonate may not be safe for use on the UV protective surface of the panels.
Contact our team to get more information about this product. We will try our best to answer you shortly.