Marlon CS corrugated polycarbonate sheet is engineered for use in rooflight and sidelight applications. Combining strength and impact resistance with high optical clarity and light transmission, this lightweight rooflight material is ideal for industrial, agricultural, horticultural, leisure and DIY applications which require its high performance characteristics. Marlon CS rooflights can be used to form complete roof coverings or can be incorporated into any corrugated metal roofing and cladding system, ranging from simple single skin to advanced composite panel.
Marlon CS is also available in Marlon BioPlus, the ideal choice for projects that aim to deliver the highest standards in sustainability, allowing companies to demonstrate they are at the forefront of the low carbon circular economy.
Marlon BioPlus is made with a bio-circular attributed resin in which 89% of the fossil based raw material has been replaced by renewable hydrocarbons e.g. from used cooking oil, which dramatically reduces the impact of the finished sheet on the environment, whilst maintaining the same material properties and ease of processing.
Use our Profile Finder Tool to search for a profile.
- Provides almost 90% light transmission
- 200 times stronger than glass
- Can be profiled matched to any roofing or cladding profile
- Available in Marlon BioPlus
- Rooflights and sidelights
- Vertical glazing
- Composite rooflights
- Energy saving
- High natural light transmission
- Optically clear
- Damage and impact resistant
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Weather resistant
- Co-extruded UV protection
- Excellent fire performance
- Chemical resistance
- Match any metal roof profile
- Limited warranty
|Colours & tints*:||Clear, bronze, opal, diffuser, green, blue, heatguard|
|Profiles:||Extensive range of profiles, profile can be matched to any roofing and cladding profile*, for details on a specific profile use our profile finder tool|
|Options*:||Double sided UV protection, condensation control, available in Marlon BioPlus|
*Minimum order quantities apply
- Marlon CS is a high quality, extruded, corrugated polycarbonate sheet with a co-extruded UV resistant coating
- As polycarbonate is a thermoplastic, it is important to take thermal expansion and contraction into account during any installation process.
- Marlon CS has been independently tested to various Fire Standards; for the most current certification please contact our Technical Department.
- Marlon CS is REACH and RoSH compliant, and 100% recyclable
- Any colour option is a through-colour so the colour of a cut edge will match the colour of the surface.
- Marlon CS sheets are covered by a limited warranty. For full details contact our Technical Department
Storage & sheet preparation
- Store sheets on a flat surface. Use an opaque cover, tightly secured, to protect from wind, rain and sun. Storage is always preferable indoors.
- Ensure that the clearly marked UV protected surface of the Marlon CS sheet is to the outside.
- Marlon CS sheets must always be installed with the corrugation running vertically, or up-slope.
- Roofs should always be designed with a minimum slope of 5° to allow adequate rainwater run-off.
- Marlon CS sheet can be cut with a fine-tooth circular saw or hand saw at a shallow angle.
Thermal movement & fixing
Important - polycarbonate sheet will expand in the heat and contract in the cold.
- When drilling fixing holes, they must be oversized to allow the sheet to move.
- Fixing holes should be drilled 6mm greater in diameter than the fixing shank for sheet lengths up to 2m and an additional 3mm per additional meter length of sheet. E.g. for a 4m long sheet, holes should be over drilled by 12mm
- Fixings must not be overtightened, again this allows the natural movement of the sheet and will avoid unnecessary damage to the sheet.
- Marlon CS sheet must be isolated from plastisol and flexible PVC paints and coatings using an aluminium barrier tape.
- If installing onto fibre cement sheets, ensure that all dust created when drilling holes is removed.
- In line with the fibre cement manufacturer's guidelines, it is critical that sealing tapes are used when installing rooflights. The sealing tape isolates the polycarbonate from incompatibility issues with coatings, helps to compensate for differences in thickness and reduces the risk of damage from surface roughness or pressure points.
- Ensure that all sealants and tapes are compatible with Polycarbonate.
- All accessory products should be light coloured, preferably white.
- Sheets which span up to two purlin spacings are of optimum length to cope with thermal movement.
- Maximum recommended sheet length for Marlon CS is 4m.
When installing any roofing material, including rooflights, ensure that safe working methods are adopted and appropriate safety equipment is used.
As a condition of ensuring that Marlon CS sheets perform at optimum throughout their service life and retain light transmission properties, it is recommended that the sheets be cleaned periodically using suitable household cleaning agents as follows:
- Use lukewarm water to rinse the sheet and soften dirt.
- Make up a solution of lukewarm water and ordinary household cleaner or a mild soap and use this to wash the sheet.
- A sponge or soft cloth should then be used to gently remove dirt and grime.
- The cleaning process should then be repeated and the sheet rinsed and dried with a soft cloth.
Care should be taken to observe the following precautions:
- Do not scrub Marlon CS sheet with brushes or sharp instruments as the sheet will mark easily.
- Never steam clean, use low pressures for pressure washing.
- Avoid any abrasives or cleaners of a highly alkaline composition.
- It is generally advisable in all instances to test any cleaner on a sample piece of the Marlon CS sheet first and it should also be remembered that cleaners and solvents which state that they are suitable for cleaning polycarbonate may not be safe for use on the UV protective surface of the panels.
Contact our team to get more information about this product. We will try our best to answer you shortly.
An assisted living residence in Barcelona has used Marlon CS to allow light into its communal areas.View Case Study
Opal Marlon CS was used in the construction of this stunning sun canopy to provide shade and a diffused lightView Case Study