Marlon CS Stadia
Marlon CS Stadia comprises premium Marlon CS corrugated polycarbonate sheet with a custom sliding bracket system allowing free thermal movement of the polycarbonate sheet for longer sheet lengths. With a natural light transmission of almost 90%, Marlon CS polycarbonate sheet provides the daylight necessary in the open environment of a stadium for the best pitches with good quality grass. Create bright stands and pavilions where spectators are protected from the elements. The system is light in weight with superior impact resistance and exceptional spanning capabilities making it ideal for stadia, arena and sports facilities.
Marlon CS Stadia is also available in Marlon BioPlus, the ideal choice for projects that aim to deliver the highest standards in sustainability, allowing companies to demonstrate they are at the forefront of the low carbon circular economy.
Marlon BioPlus is made with a bio-circular attributed resin in which 89% of the fossil based raw material has been replaced by renewable hydrocarbons e.g. from used cooking oil, which dramatically reduces the impact of the finished sheet on the environment, whilst maintaining the same material properties and ease of processing.
Use our Profile Finder Tool to search for a profile.
- Almost 90% Light transmission
- 2mm thickness for a more robust sheet
- Customised sliding bracket system for longer sheet lengths
- Available in Marlon BioPlus
- Sports Facilities
- Custom sliding bracket system for longer sheet lengths
- Provides light, bright viewing environments
- Minimises shadowing for televised games
- Protects spectators from the elements
- Promotes healthy grass growth
- Damage and impact resistant
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Low sheet weight reduces roof deadload
- Excellent spanning performance
- Co-extruded UV protection
- Excellent fire performance
- Chemical resistance
- Limited warranty
|Thicknesses:||Up to 2mm|
|Colours & tints*:||Clear, diffuser|
|UV protection:||Single or double sided|
|Profiles:||Profile matching to any metal roofing and cladding sheet|
|Options:||Available in Marlon BioPlus|
- Polycarbonate sheet will expand in the heat and contract in the cold.
- Installation using the sliding bracket system allows for free thermal movement of the sheet as the sheet is not fixed directly to the structure.
- When the sheet expands and contracts the bracket slides to accommodate this. Sheet lengths are therefore only limited by transportation considerations.
- Marlon CS is a high quality, extruded, corrugated polycarbonate sheet with a co-extruded UV resistant coating
- As polycarbonate is a thermoplastic, it is important to take thermal expansion and contraction into account during any installation process.
- Marlon CS has been independently tested to various Fire Standards; for the most current certification please contact our Technical Department.
- Marlon CS is REACH and RoSH compliant, and 100% recyclable
- Any colour option is a through-colour so the colour of a cut edge will match the colour of the surface.
- Marlon CS sheets are covered by a limited warranty. For full details contact our Technical Department.
Storage & sheet preparation
- Store sheets on a flat surface. Use an opaque cover, tightly secured, to protect from wind, rain and sun. Storage is always preferable indoors.
- Ensure that the clearly marked UV protected surface of the Marlon CS sheet is to the outside.
- Marlon CS sheets must always be installed with the corrugation running vertically, or up-slope.
- Roofs should always be designed with a minimum slope of 5° to allow adequate rainwater run-off.
- Marlon CS sheet can be cut with a fine tooth circular saw or hand saw at a shallow angle.
Installation using crown and valley fixings
Important - polycarbonate sheet will expand in the heat and contract in the cold.
- When drilling fixing holes they must be oversized to allow the sheet to move.
- Fixing holes should be drilled 6mm greater in diameter than the fixing shank for sheet lengths up to 2m and an additional 3mm per additional meter length of sheet. E.g. for a 4m long sheet, holes should be over drilled by 12mm
- Fixings must not be overtightened, again this allows the natural movement of the sheet and will avoid unnecessary damage to the sheet.
- Marlon CS sheet must be isolated from plastisol coatings using an aluminium barrier tape.
For installation details using the sliding bracket system contact the Technical Department.
- Ensure that all sealants and tapes are compatible with Polycarbonate.
- All accessory products should be light coloured, preferably white.
- Sheets which span up to two purlin spacings are of optimum length to cope with thermal movement.
- Maximum recommended sheet length for Marlon CS is 4m.
When installing any roofing material, including rooflights, ensure that safe working methods are adopted and appropriate safety equipment is used.
As a condition of ensuring that Marlon CS sheets perform at optimum throughout their service life and retain light transmission properties, it is recommended that the sheets be cleaned periodically using suitable household cleaning agents as follows:
- Use lukewarm water to rinse the sheet and soften dirt.
- Make up a solution of lukewarm water and ordinary household cleaner or a mild soap and use this to wash the sheet.
- A sponge or soft cloth should then be used to gently remove dirt and grime.
- The cleaning process should then be repeated and the sheet rinsed and dried with a soft cloth.
- For large areas of glazing a pressure washer can be used on a low pressure setting. Never steam clean.
Care should be taken to observe the following precautions:
- Do not scrub Marlon CS sheet with brushes or sharp instruments as the sheet will mark easily.
- Avoid any abrasives or cleaners of a highly alkaline composition.
- It is generally advisable in all instances to test any cleaner on a sample piece of the Marlon CS sheet first and it should also be remembered that cleaners and solvents which state that they are suitable for cleaning polycarbonate may not be safe for use on the UV protective surface of the panels.
Contact our team to get more information about this product. We will try our best to answer you shortly.