Marlon ST BioPlus
Marlon ST BioPlus is the ideal choice for projects that aim to deliver the highest standards in sustainability, allowing companies to demonstrate they are at the forefront of the low carbon circular economy.
By switching from fossil-based resins to bio-circular resins based on used hydrocarbons eg used cooking oil, the impact of the finished multiwall sheet on the environment is dramatically reduced, whilst maintaining the same material properties and ease of processing.
The use of renewable energy during the production of the resin reduces carbon emissions by 84%. The Marlon ST BioPlus sheet is also produced using 100% renewable energy.
Marlon ST BioPlus is available across the Marlon ST, Marlon ST Solar Control, Marlon ST Dual Tints, Marlon ST Anti-fog and Marlon ST Opaque range.
- Made with bio-circular attribted resin
- Light weight yet rigid and structurally strong
- Thermally insulating multiwall structure
- Options for maximum light transmission, solar control or privacy
- Extensive range of structures and thicknesses
- Anti-fog option available to reduce condensation
- Rooflights and vertical glazing
- Canopies and walkways
- Conservatories and sunrooms
- Commercial and hobby greenhouses
- Garden centres
- Signage & display
- Reduced environmental impact
- Energy saving
- High natural light transmission
- Optically clear
- Excellent structural durability
- Thermally insulating
- Damage and impact resistant
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Co-extruded UV protection
- Excellent fire performance
- Limited warranty
- Extensive and growing range of structures
All Marlon ST, ST Solar Control, ST Dual Tints, ST Anti-fog, and ST Opaque products are available as BioPlus options.
- Marlon ST BioPlus is a high quality, extruded, multiwall polycarbonate sheet with a co-extruded UV resistant coating
- As polycarbonate is a thermoplastic, it is important to take thermal expansion and contraction into account during any installation process.
- Marlon ST BioPlus has been independently tested to various Fire Standards; for the most current certification please contact our Technical Department.
- Marlon ST BioPlus is REACH and RoHS compliant, and 100% recyclable
- Any colour option is a through-colour so the colour of a cut edge will match the colour of the surface.
- Marlon ST BioPlus sheets are covered by a limited warranty. For full details contact our Technical Department
STORAGE & SHEET PREPARATION
- Store sheets on a flat surface. Use an opaque cover, tightly secured, to protect from wind, rain and sun. Storage is always preferable indoors.
- Ensure that the clearly marked UV protected surface of the Marlon ST BioPlus sheet is to the outside.
- Marlon ST BioPlus sheets must always be installed with the ribs running vertically, or up-slope.
- Roofs should always be designed with a minimum slope of 5° to allow adequate rainwater run-off.
- Marlon ST BioPlus sheet can be cut with a fine tooth circular saw or hand saw at a shallow angle.
- Use aluminium sealing tape at the top of the sheet to prevent ingress of moisture, dust and insects.
- Use breather tape at the bottom end of the sheet to minimise condensation and prevent dust or insects entering the sheet.
THERMAL MOVEMENT & FIXING
Important - polycarbonate sheet will expand in the heat and contract in the cold.
- When drilling fixing holes they must be oversized (18mm) to allow the sheet to move.
- Drill between ribs and at least 40mm from the edge of the sheet.
- Fixings must not be overtightened, again this allows the natural movement of the sheet and will avoid unnecessary damage to the sheet.
- Cover breather tape with a ‘U’ profile sealed to the top face of the sheet with a small silicone bead.
- Use a low-modulus neutral silicone as an all-purpose silicone will cause polycarbonates to crack and disintegrate.
- Ensure all film is completely removed immediately after installation.
When installing any roofing material, including rooflights, ensure that safe working methods are adopted and appropriate safety equipment is used.
As a condition of ensuring that Marlon ST BioPlus sheets perform at optimum throughout their service life, it is recommended that the sheets be cleaned periodically using suitable household cleaning agents as follows:
- Use lukewarm water to rinse the sheet and soften dirt.
- Make up a solution of lukewarm water and ordinary household cleaner or a mild soap and use this to wash the sheet.
- A sponge or soft cloth should then be used to gently remove dirt and grime.
- The cleaning process should then be repeated and the sheet rinsed and dried with a soft cloth.
- For larger areas clean the surface with a high-pressure water cleaner.
Care should be taken to observe the following precautions:
- Do not scrub Marlon ST BioPlus sheet with brushes or sharp instruments.
- Avoid any abrasives or cleaners of a highly alkaline composition.
- It is generally advisable in all instances to test any cleaner on a sample piece of the Marlon ST BioPlus sheet first and it should also be remembered that cleaners and solvents which state that they are suitable for cleaning polycarbonate may not be safe for use on the UV protective surface of the panels.
Contact our team to get more information about this product. We will try our best to answer you shortly.
Four different tints of Marlon ST multiwall polycarbonate sheet were supplied to create this stunning rooflight and vertical façade on the Paragraph Resort & Spa, Georgia.View Case Study
16mm blue tinted Marlon ST multiwall polycarbonate was used to create this striking walkway at Hospital Clinica Biblica in Costa RicaView Case Study
8mm Pearlescent Marlon ST was used to glaze the rooflight and curved façade of the Centro de Convenciones in Costa Rica.View Case Study
Clear 10mm Twinwall Marlon ST was used to glaze the roof of this garden bar in the UK.View Case Study
Clear Marlon ST helped to realise these distinctive beach huts on East Beach, Shoeburyness.View Case Study