Marlon ST Solar Control
Marlon ST solar controlling multiwall polycarbonate sheet with heat reflecting technology provides cool naturally daylit interiors without the heat build-up normally associated with large areas of glazing. The advanced heat controlling technology cleverly blocks the heat transmitting near-infra red solar energy whilst allowing high levels of natural light to penetrate the sheet without compromising light transmission.
Marlon ST Solar Control is also available in Marlon BioPlus, the ideal choice for projects that aim to deliver the highest standards in sustainability, allowing companies to demonstrate they are at the forefront of the low carbon circular economy.
Marlon BioPlus is made with a bio-circular attributed resin in which 71% of the fossil based raw material has been replaced by renewable hydrocarbons e.g. from used cooking oil, which dramatically reduces the impact of the finished sheet on the environment, whilst maintaining the same material properties and ease of processing.
- Reduces temperatures by up to 13°C*
- Cool naturally daylit interiors
- Tints options for maximum light transmission or diffused light
- Available in Marlon BioPlus
- Heat reflecting technology reduces heat build-up in summer
- Thermal insulation from the multiwall structure reduces heat loss in winter
- Lightweight yet rigid
- Damage & impact resistant
- Excellent fire performance
- Co-extruded UV protection
- Limited warranty
|Colours & tints:||Solar gold, IR blue, heatguard|
|Popular structures:||10mm 4wall, 16mm Sevenwall, 32mm Ninewall, 35mm Sevenwall|
|Specials:||Dual sided UV protection, available in Marlon BioPlus|
Ideal for conservatory roofs and sunrooms, polycarbonate is a high performance insulating glazing material which provides the transparency and optical clarity of glass at a fraction of the weight and cost.
- Polycarbonate is incredibly strong with an impact resistance up to 200 times greater than glass.
- Multiwall polycarbonate is highly insulating, e.g. 32mm 9wall Marlon ST has a U value of only 1.2W/m²K.
- Light in weight, the support structures need not be as heavy as with glass, offering savings in roof structure and installation costs.
- Whilst glass has to be factory finished to specification, polycarbonate is easy to cut, trim and with some structure options, cold curve on site.
- The intelligent heat reflective technology of Marlon ST solar controlling tints reduces heat build-up by as much as 13°C.
- Marlon ST comes in a range of tints to provide improved solar control and eliminates over 98% of harmful UV solar radiation
- Marlon ST is a high quality, extruded, multiwall polycarbonate sheet with a co-extruded UV resistant coating
- As polycarbonate is a thermoplastic, it is important to take thermal expansion and contraction into account during any installation process.
- Marlon ST has been independently tested to various Fire Standards; for the most current certification please contact our Technical Department.
- Marlon ST is REACH and RoSH compliant, and 100% recyclable
- Any colour option is a through-colour so the colour of a cut edge will match the colour of the surface.
- Marlon ST sheets are covered by a limited warranty. For full details contact our Technical Department
Storage & sheet preparation
- Store sheets on a flat surface. Use an opaque cover, tightly secured, to protect from wind, rain and sun. Storage is always preferable indoors.
- Ensure that the clearly marked UV protected surface of the Marlon ST sheet is to the outside.
- Marlon ST sheets must always be installed with the ribs running vertically, or up-slope.
- Roofs should always be designed with a minimum slope of 5° to allow adequate rainwater run-off.
- Marlon ST sheet can be cut with a fine tooth circular saw or hand saw at a shallow angle.
- Use aluminium sealing tape at the top of the sheet to prevent ingress of moisture, dust and insects.
- Use breather tape at the bottom end of the sheet to minimise condensation and prevent dust or insects entering the sheet.
Thermal movement & fixing
Important - polycarbonate sheet will expand in the heat and contract in the cold.
- When drilling fixing holes they must be oversized (18mm) to allow the sheet to move.
- Drill between ribs and at least 40mm from the edge of the sheet.
- Fixings must not be overtightened, again this allows the natural movement of the sheet and will avoid unnecessary damage to the sheet.
- Cover breather tape with a ‘U’ profile sealed to the top face of the sheet with a small silicone bead.
- Use a low-modulus neutral silicone as an all-purpose silicone will cause polycarbonates to crack and disintegrate.
- Ensure all film is completely removed immediately after installation.
When installing any roofing material, including rooflights, ensure that safe working methods are adopted and appropriate safety equipment is used.
As a condition of ensuring that Marlon ST sheets perform at optimum throughout their service life, it is recommended that the sheets be cleaned periodically using suitable household cleaning agents as follows:
- Use lukewarm water to rinse the sheet and soften dirt.
- Make up a solution of lukewarm water and ordinary household cleaner or a mild soap and use this to wash the sheet.
- A sponge or soft cloth should then be used to gently remove dirt and grime.
- The cleaning process should then be repeated and the sheet rinsed and dried with a soft cloth.
- For larger areas clean the surface with a high-pressure water cleaner.
Care should be taken to observe the following precautions:
- Do not scrub Marlon ST sheet with brushes or sharp instruments.
- Avoid any abrasives or cleaners of a highly alkaline composition.
- It is generally advisable in all instances to test any cleaner on a sample piece of the Marlon ST sheet first and it should also be remembered that cleaners and solvents which state that they are suitable for cleaning polycarbonate may not be safe for use on the UV protective surface of the panels.
Related informationFor more information, download our Product Brochures or Technical Guides. To compare the properties offered by our extensive Marlon ST sheet range visit our compare structures page. For further sales, technical or marketing information, please contact us.
Contact our team to get more information about this product. We will try our best to answer you shortly.