Marlon ST Anti-fog
Marlon ST with condensation control is an exceptional greenhouse glazing material which complements modern horticultural technology to provide the optimum environment for the controlled development of healthy seedlings and young plants for maximum yields. The anti-drip surface layer prevents the formation of water droplets and reduces condensation and associated fogging. This technically superior product achieves the high levels of photosynthetic light transmission necessary for healthy plant growth and combines high impact resistance, condensation control and UV protection.
Marlon ST Anti-fog is also available in Marlon BioPlus, the ideal choice for projects that aim to deliver the highest standards in sustainability, allowing companies to demonstrate they are at the forefront of the low carbon circular economy.
Marlon BioPlus is made with a bio-circular attributed resin in which 89% of the fossil based raw material has been replaced by renewable hydrocarbons e.g. from used cooking oil, which dramatically reduces the impact of the finished sheet on the environment, whilst maintaining the same material properties and ease of processing.
- Condensation control reduces crop spoilage caused by dripping
- High light transmission for healthy plant development
- Blocks damaging UV radiation
- Available in Marlon BioPlus
- Commercial greenhouses
- Hobby greenhouses
- Garden centres
- Condensation control decreases crop spoilage caused by dripping
- Transmits natural solar light (PAR) necessary for photosynthesis and healthy plant development
- Co-extruded UV protection blocks damaging UV radiation which burns plants
- Lightweight, structurally strong glazing material for greenhouse structures
- Impact resistant for protection against weather breakage
- Weatherable and stable across a broad temperature range
- Co-extruded UV protection
- Excellent fire performance
- Limited warranty
|Thicknesses:||4mm – 16mm|
|Colours & tints:||Clear|
|Structures:||Twinwall, Triplewall, Fourwall|
|Specials:||Dual sided UV protection, available in Marlon BioPlus|
- Marlon ST is a high quality, extruded, multiwall polycarbonate sheet with a co-extruded UV resistant coating
- As polycarbonate is a thermoplastic, it is important to take thermal expansion and contraction into account during any installation process.
- Marlon ST has been independently tested to various Fire Standards; for the most current certification please contact our Technical Department.
- Marlon ST is REACH and RoSH compliant, and 100% recyclable
- Any colour option is a through-colour so the colour of a cut edge will match the colour of the surface.
- Marlon ST sheets are covered by a limited warranty. For full details contact our Technical Department
Storage & sheet preparation
- Store sheets on a flat surface. Use an opaque cover, tightly secured, to protect from wind, rain and sun. Storage is always preferable indoors.
- Ensure that the clearly marked UV protected surface of the Marlon ST sheet is to the outside.
- Marlon ST sheets must always be installed with the ribs running vertically, or up-slope.
- Roofs should always be designed with a minimum slope of 5° to allow adequate rainwater run-off.
- Marlon ST sheet can be cut with a fine tooth circular saw or hand saw at a shallow angle.
- Use aluminium sealing tape at the top of the sheet to prevent ingress of moisture, dust and insects.
- Use breather tape at the bottom end of the sheet to minimise condensation and prevent dust or insects entering the sheet.
Thermal movement & fixing
Important - polycarbonate sheet will expand in the heat and contract in the cold.
- When drilling fixing holes they must be oversized (18mm) to allow the sheet to move.
- Drill between ribs and at least 40mm from the edge of the sheet.
- Fixings must not be over-tightened, again this allows the natural movement of the sheet and will avoid unnecessary damage to the sheet.
- Cover breather tape with a ‘U’ profile sealed to the top face of the sheet with a small silicone bead.
- Use a low-modulus neutral silicone as an all-purpose silicone will cause polycarbonates to crack and disintegrate.
- Ensure all film is completely removed immediately after installation.
When installing any roofing material, including rooflights, ensure that safe working methods are adopted and appropriate safety equipment is used.
As a condition of ensuring that Marlon ST sheets perform at optimum throughout their service life, it is recommended that the sheets be cleaned periodically using suitable household cleaning agents as follows:
- Use lukewarm water to rinse the sheet and soften dirt.
- Make up a solution of lukewarm water and ordinary household cleaner or a mild soap and use this to wash the sheet.
- A sponge or soft cloth should then be used to gently remove dirt and grime.
- The cleaning process should then be repeated and the sheet rinsed and dried with a soft cloth.
- For larger areas clean the surface with a high-pressure water cleaner.
Care should be taken to observe the following precautions:
- Do not scrub Marlon ST sheet with brushes or sharp instruments.
- Avoid any abrasives or cleaners of a highly alkaline composition.
- It is generally advisable in all instances to test any cleaner on a sample piece of the Marlon ST sheet first and it should also be remembered that cleaners and solvents which state that they are suitable for cleaning polycarbonate may not be safe for use on the UV protective surface of the panels.
Contact our team to get more information about this product. We will try our best to answer you shortly.
Clear Marlon ST multiwall polycarbonate glazing for commercial greenhouse in the Middle EastView Case Study