Storm Water Management
StormCrate55 modular cellular crates are used in storm water retention, attenuation and infiltration applications. The crates are designed to be easily stacked together to create a below ground storm water holding tank or to allow the infiltration of storm water into the ground around them. The void created by the crates can then fill up with storm water during heavy rainfall conditions. The collected storm water then drains away slowly into the drainage system when the crate is used for attenuation, or, soaks away slowly into ground water table when the crate is used for infiltration.
- StormCrate55 provide a highly effective means of managing storm water, contributing to reducing the risk of flooding.
- Rainwater Infiltration: StormCrate55 can be wrapped in a geotextile which allows stored water to slowly seep into the surrounding ground and back into the water table.
- Rainwater Attenuation: another common practice is to surround StormCrate55 with an impermeable geomembrane to create a sealed underground tank. The outlet from this tank is then controlled to facilitate a slow release of the stored water back into the drainage system over a longer period.
- Load bearing strength of 562kN per m2
- Designed for trafficked and untrafficked areas
- 95% void ratio
- Integrated inlet and outlet
- 4 StormCrates per 1m³
- 100% recyclable
StormCrate55 are designed to be easily laid in a brick bond pattern.
StormCrate55 fit quickly and simply together with four connectors and two sheer pins per crate.
At only 15.5kg per module, StormCrate55 are easily lifted by hand.
StormCrate55 have a load bearing design of up to 562kN per m2.
StormCrate55 steadily disperse high intensity storm water by infiltration or attenuation. Each crate has a capacity of 237.5L or 0.2375m3.
For more information, download our Product Brochures or Technical Guides. Or for further sales, technical or marketing information, please contact us.
Find out what you need from our selection of Plumbing and Drainage products using our parts and accessories lookup tool.Find a product
The Blue Group site in Wincham, near Northwich, needed a stormwater management solution to reduce the risk of flooding during periods of heavy rainfall. The solution was found by using the StormCrate55 system to design an attenuation tank underneath an area used for staff parking and light goods vehicles.View Case Study