Reporting to the Technical Service Manger, the Product Engineer will support the functions of the Technical Department providing a high level of product / technical support for the development, manufacturing and use of the range of Brett Martin products.
Main tasks and duties:
- Maintaining familiarity with all aspects of the Brett Martin range of products, including relevant legislation, product applications, and good practices in use.
- Lead the process of design, and assist with the development and testing required for product development through to third party certification;
- Generating general and specific information in support of products and their uses.
- Developing specifications, design proposals and required detailing relevant for successful product use.
- Providing support for Brett Martin sales, commercial, and marketing functions.
- Evaluation of competitor information, materials, systems and product uses.
- Maintaining documentation efficiently and to a high standard of accuracy.
- Contribute to improvements in service, processes, productivity and quality of manufacture of Brett Martin product ranges.
- Ensure communications are maintained at the highest possible level with colleagues and close communication with Technical Service Manager on all aspects of work, but particularly in respect of any critical item.
- Develop mutual respect with all employees and colleagues, by ensuring that all dealings are objective and impartial.
- Ensure all company staff policies are adhered to and that attendance policy is adhered to.
Health & Safety
- Through good working practices and housekeeping procedures ensure that a safe and clean working environment is maintained at all times.
- Ensure that all reference materials, equipment and resources are maintained in appropriate condition.
- Ensure records, reports, and all other communications are accurate, and made available in appropriate form, on time to the required standard.
- Assist with other functions of the Technical Service Department as necessary.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Ensure compliance with the company's Equal Opportunity Policy.
The successful candidate must:
- Have a 3rd level qualification in a technical subject e.g engineering / mechanical / construction OR be able to demonstrate an acceptable level of knowledge and experience in a technical area, preferably, mechanical, construction or other engineering field;
- Have good manual / practical skills;
- Have a good working knowledge of windows based software e.g. Microsoft Office;
- Be able to initiate tasks and manage multiple tasks and projects;
- Be adaptable and able to cope with rapidly changing demands.
It would also be advantageous if you:
- Have a high level of proficiency with AutoCAD or similar software;
- Proficiency with Sharepoint or similar software;
- Knowledge/experience of plastics materials;
- Experience of construction/roofing industry.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to develop technical skills and plastics expertise with a progressive international organisation.
Brett Martin has always been committed to the principles of Fair Employment and Equal Opportunity. Applications are welcome from all sections of the community.