We are recruiting for a Class 1 HGV Driver to work within the Transport Department.
To work individually on a daily basis, whilst working as part of the larger distribution team; delivering and collecting in a safe and legal manner. To also undertake each job in a professional and courteous manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that all products are delivered to or collected from our customers in a safe and legal manner, ensuring driving and working regulations are followed at all times.
- To make sure that vehicles are in a fit and roadworthy condition prior to and during the shift.
- To make sure that the vehicles load is secure prior to and during the shift.
- To make sure that vehicle daily check sheets, defect reports, and time sheets are completed and that all paperwork is handed in to the Transport Department in the time required.
- To ensure that the Digital tachograph is downloaded after each weekly shift.
- To report vehicle defects straight away to the relevant member of the Transport Department.
- To complete all delivery and returns paperwork adhering to the procedures in place and company requirements.
- To communicate any problems through to the Transport Department as and when they happen and highlight any potential problems.
- To report any Health and Safety issues through to either the Driver Representative or the Transport Supervisor.
- As an ambassador of the company conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- To assist other staff members as required.
- To undertake any other work as can be reasonably expected.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills are essential attributes.
- A clean C+E driving licence with a minimum of two years’ experience is required as well as multi drop experience
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Chesterfield: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Drivers must be 25 or over for insurance purposes.
If you are interested in this role, please send an expression of interest to email@example.com
Brett Martin are an equal opportunities employer.