We have a vacancy for a Product Engineer working within the Technical Department at Brett Martin Staveley
Operating within the technical department to review, optimise, improve and develop products from cradle to grave, including competitor analysis, product design, testing, review of legislation and certification. Working with all other departments and customers to ensure that the relevant product knowledge is passed on as and when required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining familiarity with all aspects of the Brett Martin ranges of products, including relevant legislation, product applications, and good practices in use.
- Regular review of product legislation and compliance including certification of products/processes (CE/BSI/BBA etc.).
- Evaluation of competitor information, materials, systems, and product uses.
- Generating general and specific information in support of products and their uses including improving product production processes/procedures and supporting documented information.
- Creating and maintaining product specifications and ensuring these are up to date and changes are notified to the Quality and Production departments.
- Lead the process of design and assist with the development and testing required for product development through to third party certification.
- Assist in coordinating the implementation of and commissioning of any new products within the Plumbing and Drainage and Ariel businesses. Ensure that products are fit for purpose before they are officially handed over to production for regular manufacture.
- Recommend innovative solutions to enhance product performance and maintain high end quality output.
- Assist in the testing and analysis of any trials required within the department. Full feedback of the trial results are required to the Production and Quality Assurance Departments, with relevant reports or data.
- Building proposals for product improvement based on the analysis of test results.
- Monitor, analyse and provide recommendations to enhance the manufacturing process using statistical tools, both proactively (statistical quality/process control) and reactively (troubleshooting), regarding safety, quality, output, efficiency and product performance.
- Development, completion, and analysis of product/material tests in line with British/European/International Standards and/or internal bespoke testing.
Training & Referentials
- Provide/facilitate specific training to individuals, including current “training personnel”, to build on product knowledge within the department and in other departments.
- Development of work instructions for processes and testing considering health and safety to be used both within and outside of the technical department.
- Have a 3rd level qualification in a technical subject e.g engineering / mechanical / construction OR be able to demonstrate an acceptable level of knowledge and experience in a technical area, preferably, mechanical, construction or other engineering field
- Have a high level of proficiency with 2D and 3D CAD packages (Autodesk or similar).
- Ensure that all reference materials, equipment and resources are maintained in appropriate condition.
- Ensure that all reports, studies etc. required are accurate, submitted on time and to the required standard.
- Ensure communications are maintained at the highest possible level between management and the workforce and keep your manager advised of impending situations which could develop into more serious problems.
- Develop mutual respect with employees at all levels in the business, by ensuring that all dealings are objective and impartial.
- Maintaining documentation efficiently and to a high standard of accuracy.
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
If you are interested in this role, please send an expression of interest to email@example.com
Brett Martin are an equal opportunities employer.