Marlon FS Hard
Marlon FS Hard is a flat polycarbonate sheet with an abrasion and chemical resistant coating. The coating makes it ideal for the toughest glazing environments – high traffic areas where marks and scratches are inevitable, as well as areas where there is the potential for vandalism and graffiti. Light in weight, but with a superior impact and abrasion resistance, Marlon FS Hard provides uncompromised protection to people and property in a diversity of applications including safety glazing, guardrails, machine guards, riot shields, visors, train windows and other glazing applications with an increased likelihood of damage.
Features and benefits
- Double sided advanced abrasion resistance
- Excellent impact resistance – 200 time greater than glass
- Lightweight - half the weight of glass
- Optical clarity and high light transmission
- Easy to handle, install and clean
- Excellent fire performance
- 5 year warranty
- 100% recyclable
- Safety and security glazing e.g. prison windows
- Anti-vandal glazing
- Display anti-graffiti protection
- Protective visors and shields
- Street furniture e.g. bus shelters
- High traffic vehicle windows e.g. train windows
- Guard rails
- Sound barriers
- Colour: Clear
- Specials*: Special transparent, translucent and opaque options are available on request
- Options: Coating on one side only to allow reverse printing
|Sheet size (mm)||Thickness (mm)|
|2000 x 3000||2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 & 12|
*Other thicknesses available on request. Minimum order quantities may apply. Please contact Brett Martin for further information.
Marlon FS Hard is suitable for the following processes:
- Routering, milling, sawing
- Guillotining, die cutting
- Reverse printing
- Marlon FS Hard is a high quality, extruded, solid, flat plastic sheet made of polycarbonate with an abrasion resistant coating.
- As polycarbonate is a thermoplastic, it is important to take thermal expansion and contraction into account during any installation process.
- Marlon FS Hard has been independently tested to various Fire Standards; for the most current certification please contact the Technical Department.
- Marlon FS Hard is REACH and RoHS compliant, and 100% recyclable
- The abrasion resistant properties of Marlon FS Hard are achieved by a dual sided coating. The cut edges are therefore not protected.
Almost 2000sqm of Clear 12mm Marlon FS Hard abrasion resistant flat polycarbonate was used to glaze the windows of the portable ‘Team Bases’ for the 2017-2018 Volvo Ocean Race.View Case Study
Marlon FS Hard provides protection against vandalism at community youth centre.View Case Study