Marlon FS polycarbonate provides 200 times more impact resistance than glass at only half the weight, making it the ideal solution for fabrication or internal glazing applications. Marlon FS can be thermoformed, fabricated and cold curved. Providing high impact resistance, Marlon FS is the preferred material for use in safety glazing, protective screening, machine guards and visors.
Marlon FS is also available in Marlon BioPlus, the ideal choice for projects that aim to deliver the highest standards in sustainability, allowing companies to demonstrate they are at the forefront of the low carbon circular economy.
Marlon FS BioPlus is made with a bio-circular attributed resin in which 71% of the fossil based raw material has been replaced by renewable hydrocarbons e.g. from used cooking oil, which dramatically reduces the impact of the finished sheet on the environment, whilst maintaining the same material properties and ease of processing.
Features and benefits
- Excellent impact resistance – 200 time greater than glass
- Lightweight - half the weight of glass
- High natural light transmission
- Optically clear
- Thermally insulating
- Offers design flexibility
- Suitable for thermoforming
- Able to be cold curved
- Easy to handle, install and clean
- Excellent fire performance
- Available in Marlon BioPlus
- 100% recyclable
- Vertical glazing for internal applications e.g. partitions
- Safety and security glazing
- Machine Guards
- Protective Screens and visors
- Vending equipment
- Sports courts e.g. squash
- Illuminated and non-illuminated signage
- Poster Covers
- Light fixtures
- Colours & tints*: Clear, opal, bronze & specials (green, blue, grey)
- Textures: Embossed, diamond embossed, crushed ice*
- Options*: Strong Adhesion Film for heavy fabrication, Anti-reflective surface, Marlon BioPlus
- Specials*: Special transparent, translucent and opaque options are available on request
|Sheet size (mm)||Thickness (mm)|
|1220 x 2440||3, 4, 5 & 6|
|1250 x 2050||0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6|
|1250 x 2500||0.5, 0.75, 1 & 1.5|
|2050 x 3050||2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12 & 15*|
*Subject to request. Minimum order quantities may apply. Please contact Brett Martin for further information
Marlon FS is suitable for the following processes:
- Cold curving
- Routering, milling, sawing
- Guillotining, die cutting
- Vinyl application
- Digital and screen printing
- Marlon FS is a high quality, extruded, solid, flat plastic sheet made of polycarbonate.
- As polycarbonate is a thermoplastic, it is important to take thermal expansion and contraction into account during any installation process.
- Marlon FS has been independently tested to various Fire Standards; for the most current certification please contact the Technical Department.
- Marlon FS is REACH and RoHS compliant, and 100% recyclable
- Any colour option is a through-colour so the colour of a cut edge will match the colour of the surface.
For more information, download our Product Brochures or Technical Guides. To find out what leading equipment manufacturers say about our products, go to our Approved Partners pages. Or for further sales, technical or marketing information, please contact us.
Contact our team to get more information about this product. We will try our best to answer you shortly.
Marlon FS flat polycarbonate sheet has been used to glaze an impressive feature in the Egyptian National Library and Archives (Dar el-Kotob) in Cairo.View Case Study
Peerless Plastics and Coatings hard coated full Marlon FS sheets on one side and fabricated the windscreens for this urban electric vehicle.View Case Study
Marlon FS polycarbonate offers outstanding impact resistance making it ideal for PPE for the Emergency ServicesView Case Study
Portable, hurling courts have been fabricated out of impact resistant Marlon FS.View Case Study
4mm Marlon FS polycarbonate was chosen by the Special Effects department from Pinewood Studios to create film props.View Case Study
Marlon FS used to fabricate impact resistant machine guard.View Case Study
Clear Marlon FS polycarbonate was transformed into this attractive kitchen splashback.View Case Study