Marlon FS BioPlus
Marlon FS BioPlus is the ideal choice for projects that aim to deliver the highest standards in sustainability, allowing companies to demonstrate they are at the forefront of the low carbon circular economy.
By switching from fossil-based resins to bio-circular resins based on used hydrocarbons eg used cooking oil, the impact of the finished flat sheet on the environment is dramatically reduced, whilst maintaining the same material properties and ease of processing.
The use of renewable energy during the production of the resin reduces carbon emissions by 84%. The Marlon FS BioPlus sheet is also produced using 100% renewable energy.
Marlon FS BioPlus is available across the Marlon FS, Marlon FSX and Marlon FS Hard range.
Features and benefits
- Made with bio-circular attributed resin
- Available with UV resistant coating
- Excellent impact resistance – 200 time greater than glass
- Lightweight - half the weight of glass
- High natural light transmission
- Optically clear
- Thermally insulating
- Offers design flexibility
- Suitable for thermoforming and cold curving
- Easy to handle, install and clean
- Excellent fire performance
- 100% recyclable
- Vertical glazing for internal or external applications
- Curved and flat rooflights
- Canopies & curved walkways
- Safety and security glazing
- Machine Guards
- Protective Screens
- Bus Shelters
- Vending equipment
- Illuminated and non-illuminated signage
- Poster Covers
All Marlon FS, Marlon FSX and Marlon FS Hard products are available as BioPlus options.
- Colours & tints*: Clear, opal, bronze & specials (green, blue, grey)
- Textures: Embossed, diamond embossed, crushed ice*
- Options*: Strong Adhesion Film for heavy fabrication, Anti-reflective surface
- Specials*: Special transparent, translucent and opaque options are available on request
Marlon FS BioPlus is suitable for the following processes:
- Cold curving
- Routering, milling, sawing
- Guillotining, die cutting
- Vinyl application
- Digital and screen printing
- Marlon FS BioPlus is made with a bio-circular attributed resin in which 71% of the fossil based raw material has been replaced by renewable hydrocarbons e.g. from used cooking oil.
- Marlon FS BioPlus is a high quality, extruded, solid, flat plastic sheet made of polycarbonate.
- As polycarbonate is a thermoplastic, it is important to take thermal expansion and contraction into account during any installation process.
- Marlon FS BioPlus has been independently tested to various Fire Standards; for the most current certification please contact the Technical Department.
- Marlon FS BioPlus is REACH and RoHS compliant, and 100% recyclable
- Any colour option is a through-colour so the colour of a cut edge will match the colour of the surface.
Contact our team to get more information about this product. We will try our best to answer you shortly.
Marlon FS flat polycarbonate sheet has been used to glaze an impressive feature in the Egyptian National Library and Archives (Dar el-Kotob) in Cairo.View Case Study
Peerless Plastics and Coatings hard coated full Marlon FS sheets on one side and fabricated the windscreens for this urban electric vehicle.View Case Study
Marlon FS polycarbonate offers outstanding impact resistance making it ideal for PPE for the Emergency ServicesView Case Study
Portable, hurling courts have been fabricated out of impact resistant Marlon FS.View Case Study
4mm Marlon FS polycarbonate was chosen by the Special Effects department from Pinewood Studios to create film props.View Case Study
Marlon FS used to fabricate impact resistant machine guard.View Case Study
Clear Marlon FS polycarbonate was transformed into this attractive kitchen splashback.View Case Study