Marlon FSX is a flat polycarbonate sheet with dual sided UV protection which prevents 98% of damaging UV radiation from penetrating the sheet, making it perfect for external glazing applications. The UV protection layer enables longer sheet life expectancy in tough climatic conditions, prevents yellowing and guards against loss of strength.
The UV resistance offered by Marlon FSX’s coating can extend the life expectancy of the plastic in its final application, thereby reducing its lifetime environmental impact.
This superior glazing material is 200 times stronger but less than half the weight of glass. Combining UV protection, impact and chemical resistance, light weight and high light transmission, Marlon FSX is ideal for architectural rooflights, barrel vaults, vertical glazing and specialist glazing applications.
Features and benefits
- Enhanced protection against the effects of UV
- 200 times greater impact resistance than glass
- Lightweight - half the weight of glass
- Optically clear with high light transmission
- Ability to cold curve
- Excellent fire performance
- 10 year warranty
- 100% recyclable
- Vertical Glazing
- Curved and flat rooflights and architectural roofing
- Covered walkways
- Sound barrier walls
- Exterior Signage, including illuminated signage
- Bus shelters
- Colours & tints*: Clear, opal, bronze & specials (green, blue and grey)
- Textures: Embossed, diamond embossed, crushed ice*
- Options*: Strong Adhesion Film for heavy fabrication, Anti-reflective surface
- Specials*: Special transparent, translucent and opaque options are available on request
|Sheet size (mm)||Thickness (mm)|
|1220 x 2440||2, 3, 4, 5 & 6|
|2050 x 3050||2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12 & 15*|
|2050 x 6110||3, 4, 5, 6, 8 & 10|
*Subject to request. Minimum order quantities may apply. Please contact Brett Martin for further information
Marlon FSX is suitable for the following processes:
- Routering, milling, sawing
- Guillotining, die cutting
- Cold curving
- Marlon FSX is a high quality, extruded, solid, flat plastic sheet made of polycarbonate with a double sided UV resistant coating
- As polycarbonate is a thermoplastic, it is important to take thermal expansion and contraction into account during any installation process.
- Marlon FSX has been independently tested to various Fire Standards; for the most current certification please contact the Technical Department.
- Marlon FSX is REACH and RoHS compliant, and 100% recyclable
- Any colour option is a through-colour so the colour of a cut edge will match the colour of the surface.
- As the UV resistant properties of Marlon FSX are achieved by a dual sided coating, the cut edges are therefore not protected
8mm Clear Marlon FSX flat polycarbonate sheet was supplied to glaze the new 90m long walkway at Queen’s Medical Centre (QMC), Nottingham.View Case Study
This roof is constructed from layers of 4mm, 6mm and 8mm Marlon FSX.View Case Study
Marlon FSX, our UV resistant flat sheet polycarbonate was this unusual, interesting, highly engineered museum roof.View Case Study
4mm and 6mm clear Marlon FSX flat polycarbonate was used to create this stunning curved glazing feature at the Four Seasons Hotel in Arieşeni-Vârtop, Romania.View Case Study
6mm Clear Marlon FSX was used to glaze the BBC commentary box at the 2015 British Open Golf championshipsView Case Study
4mm and 6mm Marlon FSX was used to glaze hospital roofView Case Study
Marlon FSX was used to fabricate a cover for this outdoor swimming pool.View Case Study